Welcome Harley Lovers

Why I started this Harley Blog? I want to share my experience with my love and sometimes hate relationship with my H-D motorcycle.

I've been away from Harleys for a while and the one thing that really shocked me was how much these monsters cost. But once you sit on one the sticker shock fades away. Another shock was how heavy these Harleys are. (650+#s) My first Harley, I was able to pick it up and carry it up the stairs into my apartment. I had no garage for winter storage. Or maybe I'm not as strong as I was in the day.

OK, you ask what model Harley do you have. I have one of the Dyna family models. The Super Glide Sport. A 2004, FXDX. Like I said I've been away for a while and did not know much about the new models. I was going to buy a Harley Sportster just so I could say I have a new Harley. The price was right in my comfort zone. But I saw this Dyna and I sat on it and it felt more comfortable than the Sportster. I asked the sales person, how much? He looked at me with this, do you want to really know look. He said it would be about $4500.00 more then the Sportster. I said how much? It was more then I wanted to spend but I could not pass this bike up. It was March 2005 and this bike was a 2004. So if I passed on this I would pay more because there where no more 2004 bikes left.





It is red with a blacked out engine with minimum chrome. I signed on the dotted line and took the bike home.



The scoot looks a lot different now. With all the mods I did. You know we can't leave a stock bike alone.



First thing I noticed the handle bars were to far forward. So I installed 2" pull back risers to get the bars closer to me. Then I noticed the bike stood to high. I got caught between a drive way, gutter and the street I couldn't touch the ground flat footed and dropped the bike. I also found out these bikes are really heavy. When I couldn't touch the ground the bike went over to the side and I couldn't save it. The next week end I lowered it by replacing the rear shocks and adjusting the front forks.



My digital camera is having problems with reds.
The next time I post photos I hope I have found the fix.








I would like to hear from you riders, your riding experience, mechanical problems you had and mods you made to your ride.

If you had any mechanical problems and not able to get them resolved by your dealer. Ask away, I might be able to help.

Biker Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAY MAN NICE RIDE HAY BY THE WAY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP ME ON THIS PROBLEM THAT I HAVE.I HAVE A 07 LOWRIDER THAT I CHANGED THE MUFFLERS TO THE SCREAMINEAGLE FLIP ONS AND CHANGED THE AIR FILLTER WITH A SCREAMINEAGLE HIGH FLOW KIT WITH THE K&N FILLTER ELEMENT.NOW WHEN I RIDE THE BIKE AND I LET OFF THE THROTEL ITS POPING DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP ME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND HAVE A NICE DAY

Biker Joe said...

Hey low rider thanks for the complement.

Your popping from the exhaust is caused from the new pipes and high flow air filter. They are making your engine run too lean.

You will have to go to Harley or a cycle shop near you and have them down load the stage one map.

After you get this map you should have a sweat running ride.

Do not ride until you get this down load because you can burn holes in your pistons and much more. This can happen as little as 500 miles.

Biker Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey Biker Joe!

This looks like a nice blog you got going here... I too am a midwestern dude (Indiana)with a Superglide. It's a 2000 FXD with Stage I and a few goodies. And now I'm probably watching and waiting for riding weather!

Anonymous said...

Biker Joe is the man! He knows what he's talking about and does one of the best detailing jobs in the midwest...for half the cost! Take your bike to this guy.