Hello Harley lovers, by popular demand we here will have from time to time, motorcycle repair projects. We my even have custom projects where we will replace stock parts with custom after market parts and see if they are as good as their manufactures say they are. There will be photos with instructional captions and opinions. So keep visiting this page often.

We welcome all V-Twin owners here but remember this is a Harley Blog so Projects will be with Harley bikes in mind....Biker Joe

This Project comes courtesy of Biker Bob.

Primary Chain Adjustment The Easy Way.

First off I used my 12 inch extension to loosen the lock nut. Once loose, I placed a small piece of wood underneath the extension so that I could use it as a fulcrum while protecting the chrome cover. I used a clothes hanger to make a 6” long hook to gently pull on the back side of the chain (toward me) to disengage the teeth of the bracket. Once disengaged I gently leveraged the bolt and nut upward using the extension until taught. Once taught, I pushed the bracket against the mating teeth of the bracket with the socket & extension and tightened the nut. I ended up with the perfect 5/8” tension on a cold engine. The next time I tighten the chain it should only take me 30 seconds or so.

Photo Courtesy Of Biker Bob



A 2001 Super Glide was left in a garage with pool chemicals and got some splashed on it's forks. The paint was ruined and the chemicals ate right through to the metal. The question was, should the forks be replaced with chrome ones or powder coated? The cost to do either one was out of reach. So we decided to strip the paint off and polish the tubes. We had nothing to loose, but a little time and hard work. The tubes were left on and all striping and polishing was done by hand.

View more presentations or Upload your own.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Good stuff, I love your updated mascot pic..killer!

Biker Joe said...

Thanks, Tony.

The mascot pic is a photo of me with my face replaced with the skull. The beard is really mine.