Hog's, Hemis and Hog Roast



I'm going to combine the two last Harley-Davidson dealer functions I attended in this Post.

The first one was Woodstock Harley's, Hogs'n'Hemis Party in Woodstock, IL. on Sept. 27.

We had some really bad weather this season here in Illinois. But the last three functions I attended had the best weather I can remember. Harley's 105th bash had great weather for the whole weekend. The very next weekend we had three days of rain and many towns flooded around here.

I got there around 4 PM and parked the Scoot. To late for food, I started taking photos of the cars and bikes that where on display. I found out that they were having a contest, if I known that, I would have entered my scoot. Never entered my scoot in one yet.

After taking photos I needed for the Blog, I went inside and talked to a few of my friends that work here at Woodstock Harley. I worked here last summer, in the parts department and still feel like I'm part of the family. They couldn't call me back this summer because business was slow.

I needed to work so I started a little Detailing Service. A one man operation. So far it's been working out fine. All my work has been from, word of mouth. I like it that way because I don't want to hire any people just yet.

After I finished talking with friends I went back out side and went over to where the band was. I know one of it's members. He owns a printing shop, Tyler Press,(Click on Links For More Info) in my town. After chatting with him for a while I packed up my camera and left for home.

I like posting slide shows because I can get all of the photos in one spot instead of spreading them around the page. Here is the first slide show.





My next function visited was , Zylstras Harley-Davidson, in St. Charles, IL. They had their annual Fall Hog Roast on Oct 4 and 5. I got there around 12:30 PM. I started taking pictures right away because the odor of the food was making hungry. They had, all you can eat, for $5.00. Boy, the pork was great tasting. I made two trips to the food line.

I went inside just to see what the store looked like. I guess when you see one you've seen them all. They did have, on the upper level of the store, some vintage bikes. My flash was not working right so I couldn't get any good shoots. I tried anyway and got one I think came out alright even though it was dark.



A Silhouette Of A Time Gone Bye




I walked around and visited a vendor, Psymonsen Airbrush, owned by, Ken Simonsen. Check my Links page for his Web Site. I'm thinking about having some skulls airbrushed on my tins. He seemed very knowledgeable and will be talking to him about this more in the future.
I looked at my watch and it was time to go home. All in all, it was a good day for a ride on the scoot, good food and seeing some biker buds.




Meaning Of The Day:Law Maker - Stupid riders that kill themselves on their bikes causing stupid laws to be made 'For our protection.'

Now You Know:Biker Joe

No comments: