American Chopper Has Jumped The Shark



Let's have a show of hands, who watched American Chopper last night? American Chopper has "Jumped the Shark". For those of you who don't know what "Jump the Shark" is, Google my friend.

I watched this program for the last time. Sorry, biker buds, I know this Blog is about motorcycles and what better place to get info on motorcycles, to watch biker TV programs. This program is a total waste of my time. The whole story line, if that's what you want to call it, was about the Teutul's helping a woman sponsor a charity, a car show, not a BIKE SHOW, for her brother who passed away a while back.

Now, I'm not against charities. "Stand up for Cancer" was on last week, I watched it. Come on this program is about motorcycles! What ever happened to "Biker Build-Off", "Build or Bust", and "V-Twin TV". (I heard V-Twin TV is coming back in Oct.) These programs where about building scoots. That's what bikers want to see. The technical and mechanical side of the story not an on going family feud or a company "giving back to the community". We all give back to the community in one way or another.

So what do you think, biker buds? "Just say no" to American Chopper?

Another program that started last week, "Sons of Anarchy" on FX, cable channel. The second episode aired the other day, Wednesday. OK, my opinion, it sucks big time. Hardly any bike time and the lead actor, Ron Perlman , "Hell Boy" and "Beauty and The Beast" fame, I heard is scared crap less, riding a scoot. Katey Sagal, "Married with Children". I can see her joining a biker gang after living with Al Bundy all those years, also stars in the series. I'm going to watch it one more time next week. I have this, three strikes your out rule or philosophy with new programs. If it sucks again I'm moving on. The vibes I'm getting from the biker forums out there, I hear others feel the same way.

What do you think? We need your opinion.



This bike is no more. After I detailed this scoot, getting it to look like this was no easy task, it was totaled in an accident. A car turned right in front of the rider. The rider was not seriously injured, but the bikes frame was bent to hell.

Meaning of The Day: Went down - Crashed. Can be any type of accident at any speed.

Now You Know, Biker Joe

No comments: