My Trip To Harley's 105th Anniversary Part Two



As I promised, "My Trip To Harley's 105th Anniversary Part Two".

A little recap. Before I left home I went on Mapquest and printed out directions so I could find my way to Thiensville from Milwaukee. I wanted to see Vinnie, you know, from American Chopper at Suburban Motors.

As you know I don't have a bagger. I have a nice sleek scoot, no bags to break up the flow, as you look at it, from front to back. I even got rid of the two up seat so there would be noting to stop that chopper/racer look. So without bags I have to put everything I want to use on a trip in my vest pockets or inside between the vest and my chest. A tank bag could work, but I don't want to scratch the tank.

I kept the directions from Mapquest in my vest, so anytime I needed to check the map, I had to pull over to the side of the road, pull it out and see if I was going in the right direction. After I said goodbye to my new biker buds, I looked at the map one more time. I then got back onto the freeway, I rode for awhile and I thought I was going the right way. I pulled over and checked again and I found out that I was going away from Thiensville. I got off at the next exit, made a flip over the bridge and got back on, going in the right direction this time. It is really hard to follow a map riding a motorcycle. This winter, I need to save for a GPS or maybe the kids can all pitch in for Christmas, hint, hint.

This little mistake set me back about 45 minutes. I wasn't too worried, because it was still early. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss Vinnie. I finally arrived at Suburban Motors. The street was packed with bikes and the parking lot across the street was full. I rode around the block a few times. The last time I came around the parking lot was open and I pulled in and found myself a parking space.

I came here for the sole purpose to take photos of Vinnie and any other stuff I saw that would be of interest. I got my camera out and started taking pictures. I went looking for Vinnie and I must have passed him about four times. They had him hidden among other venders and it was hard to see him. I thought he would be the center of attraction and have a special booth set up for him.

Anyway, I found him and took some pictures of his new chopper, he and Cody built at their new facility, V Force Customs. They traveled around the country showing the bike in order to drum up business and will be giving it away at the end of the season. I asked Vinnie, what other kind of bikes he is going to build? He said that he is not going to do production bikes. He is doing custom builds, (built to order bikes). I think that's cool, because the bike build will be a one of a kind and no one out there will have one like it.

For more information click here. V-Force Customs. I will put a Link on my Links page soon, so you can check what Vinnie's doing on his Web Site without having to hunt for this Post.

I think it was time for me to get ready for the ride home. It was a great day. I met some new riding buds and saw Vinnie. There was no break downs or mishaps, except for almost loosing my horn cover and horn.

I got home around 9:00PM, safe and sound. No one was home, so I just took a shower and fell into bed. Boy was I tired.

My slideshow.



Meaning Of The Day: Tank bag - A bag or luggage that mounts on to the top of the fuel tank.

Now You Know, Biker Joe

No comments: