Cost Of Gas Is Holding Me Back



The cost of gas is holding me back from riding more this year. My last fill up cost me $15.24. That was 3.54 Gals. at $4.29 Per Gal. My Dyna gets around 41 MPG. but I still have to pick and choose when and where I ride. The reason for this cut back you ask. I still have to fill up my main ride. The cost of filling up my 1998 Ford Explore is about $61.00 each time I fill up.

I'm kind of lucky because I don't have to drive the SUV everyday like I did last year. I worked at the local Harley dealer last year but I was not called back this year because sales are slow.

I wanted to attend more open houses and rides this year so I could Post my views and photos but this fuel crisis is putting a big stop to it. I have to use the Explore to drive to these functions because I have camera equipment and my Biker Joe get up to transport around. My bike could not carry all of it.

How are all my biker buds handling this gas thing? Is it stopping you from riding as much as you would? Is it going to stop that trip to Sturgis or Harley's 105th celebration? Post your comments here. We like to hear from you.

I'm having a problem getting my Projects page going. With the time it is taking to get my eBay store to run in the black (making a profit) and detailing bikes I have no time to set up step by step photos and captions on projects that can help you bikers with your repairs or tricks of the trade on making those repairs or custom changes.

So, I'm looking for guest Posters. Those of you who repair bikes for a living or as a hobby. If you have engines mods or custom repairs that you have photos and would like to share them with all of us please post in the comment section and I will get back to you with all the info. I need.

Another Bike Show Photo I Took



Meaning Of The Day: Baffle - Sound deadening material such as fiberglass wadding or metal disks that sits inside a muffler and quiets the exhaust note.

Now You Know, Biker Joe

No comments: