Randy's Cycle Open House Review



In my last Post I said I was going to a local cycle shop's open house. Randy's Cycle in Huntley IL. had it's annual open house this past weekend. The weather Saturday was hot and humid but the rain stayed away until the last twenty minutes of the day.

I arrived about 11:00 AM with my camera , Biker Joe's Detailing flyer's and business cards in tow. I planed on handing them out while taking photos of the event. I also planed to hobnob with fellow bikers.

There was a moderate flow of people at the event. Lot of them came to take Demo rides of the different models of bikes Victory have to offer. You never felt like it was too crowded like these events usually feel when the heat and humidity is high like it was Saturday. I think the crowd would have been larger if the threat of rain was out of the picture.

All and all Randy's open house was a pleasant place to spend a Saturday.

Now Sunday was a different story. I wanted to take my bike today but the chance of rain was to great. I'm one of those people that will not take the bike out if there is a slight chance of rain.
When I left my house the sky looked like it was going to open up and drop it's load of rain any minute. I got there early 9:30Am Sunday because it was going to end at 3:00PM. About half hour after I arrived the rain came and lasted on and off for about 2-3hours.

After the rain stopped it was to late for more people to show up. The few that did, came to take a demo ride of one or more of the Victory's bikes there. They had to wait for the streets to dry before they could go for a ride. The demo rides were taken in a group so when the streets dried, about 2:00 PM they had a few riders ready to go out on a ride. I have some photos of one such ride leaving out of Randy's parking lot.

I Posted some photos here and a slide show. Enjoy.

I spoke with some riders about my Detailing service. Some people don't understand what detailing a motorcycle is all about. They think wiping a cloth over their ride or running a hose over the bike and wiping it dry is detailing. Your bike might look clean but it has not been detailed. I'm going to explain the whole process on my Web Site soon, titled" Motorcycle Detailing 101". Check it out just click on the Tab above, "Biker Joe's Detailing.

Randy of Randy's Cycle on left and Larry one of his counter guys.



Randy doing what he does best, helping a customer.





More Photos of Open House.

Meaning Of The Day: Cage - A car, truck, or van. The sworn enemy of motorcyclists, more commonly known as automobiles. The name stems from being all cooped up inside a closed shell, with no contact with the outside air.

Now you know, Biker Joe

No comments: