Boyd Coddington, Star Of "American Hot Rod"



Boyd Coddington, 63, the star of TLC's reality show, "American Hot Rod" has Passed away Wednesday of complications from a recent surgery.

I first started watching Boyd's TV series two years ago on the Discovery channel. The TV series aired on the same day of the week "American Chopper" aired. I like watching mechanical related programs, so I watched them both religiously. Last year both shows moved to "The Learning Channel". The last episode I watched I think it was in November. Boyd's wife, Jo, was trying to break a land speed record on the "Bonneville Salt Flats", in Utah. I was wondering when the new season was going to start so we could find out if Jo tried to run the Flats again. I guess we will never know now.

If you are not familiar with the show, it was about a custom hot rod shop that show cased a new car rebuilding project that lasted about three episodes. Each project had a time schedule and it seem like the guys in the shop would never finish in time. They always stressed out by the time the third episode aired but they always finished on time. The crew were a real bunch of character's especially Duane, the shop foreman. I'm going to miss his sarcastic personality. I hope TLC can bring the show back with out Boyd.

Boyd Coddington

Boyd we will miss you



Today's Photo



The Meaning Of The Day: Balaclava - A head and neck "sock" with mouth and eye slits.

Now You Know, Biker Joe

No comments: