American Chopper Is Back



I had some computer problems yesterday and I couldn't post. Something hijacked my browser and I couldn't get on my Blog. It's all fixed now so here we go.

Thursday evening was American Choppers season premier. As everyone knows who watches this TLC series, Vinnie Dimartino left the show on the last episode of the season to start his own custom bike shop. I think he was the number one reason viewers returned to watch this show every week. He knows all the ins and outs of custom bike building and he saved the Teutul's butt a number of times.

I read but I don't know if it's true or not. Vinnie got tired of being Paul Jr.'s fall guy. Taking the blame for things Paul Jr. didn't do right. I also read that Cody was leaving too. He was in this new episode so he didn't leave yet before this taping.

I did some investigating and sure enough Vinnie and Cody opened their own shop. It's called V-Force Customs.← Click here to visit the site. It's located in Rock Tavern, Orange County, New York. They are going to unveil their first custom bike at Daytona, Bike Week and going to give it away at the end of their year long rally tour.

Vinnie and Cory, we here at "My Harley-Davidson Ramblings" wish you the very best in your new endeavor.

Note: Say, TLC lets have a series revolving around these great guy's. All the custom bike building shows are mostly gone. We need a new one. You could have a program where a customer comes in, sits down with Vinnie and designs a custom bike.. Then Vinnie goes out to the shop and builds the bike for them. TLC, remember who thought this one up. Yours truly.

Getting back to American Chopper. I don't know if I will be watching it much more. I'm getting tired of those corporate theme bikes. I liked the episodes when they had a few people send in their drawings of their dream bikes and the Teutul's built it for them. We will see how much longer this program lasts.

/


Another no brainer.

The Tip of the day:
You want your engine to last a long time? Do these few little inspections.

Check levels per Mfg. recommendations. If engine/transmission oil is very dark or black or smells burnt, change the oil and filter.

Check fuel filter and air filter for any kind of dirt or crud. Clean or replace.

For you V-Rod owners. Check coolant/anti-freeze level, and all hoses for cracks or leaks. Replace per Mfg. recommendations.

Now you know, Biker Joe

No comments: