Warming up.

We are leaving the deep freeze today. If all goes well I might be able to take the scoot out next week.

Today I'm going to the Harley store. I have to pick up a couple of spark plugs. I broke one removing it so I could spray a little fogging oil in the cylinders. I don't know what happened it broke right at the top. Maybe I had the socket on an angle when I broke the spark plug loose.

I really don't put the bike up for the winter. You never know when the weather will be just right for a ride. I do wash and wax the scoot before the temp drops below 40°. I lube and adjust everything. I usually change the oil and filter but I only have 1800 miles on my last change so I didn't do it this year. I have it on a lift so the tires are off the ground and I spin the wheels every once in a while so the brake pads don't stick to the rooters.

My garage is under the front bedroom of the house and the temp is between 40 and 50°. I don't like how it holds the humidity though. When the humidity is high outside it is the same inside. I watch this because I don't want the chrome on the bike rusting. I have a small fan under the cover blowing across the bike to keep the air circulating when it gets humid.

Next summer I think I will install an exhaust fan in the wall. This humidity problem could rust up my tools and other stuff I store in the garage.














By for now, Biker Joe

No comments: