The Wait Is Over, "The Rocker's" Have Arrived



I visited my local Harley dealer and low and behold they had a ROCKER™ in the back room. Boy it sure took a long time for this bike to show up on show room floors. I heard other dealers around the country are seeing their Rocker™ orders arrive.

Well this bike is all ready spoken for and the next one coming in is also sold.

My observation. I couldn't take it for a ride for all the obvious reasons. Our weather here sucks. 15º above zero was the high for today. I wouldn't want someone riding my new bike, so I will have to wait for the hype to be over. I did give the bike a good once over. The bike comes in two flavors. ROCKER™ -FXCW and the ROCKER™C-FXCWC.

The one I saw today was the high end model, the ROCKER™C. At first glance the bike looks sleek with the stretched out forks with it's 38º rake, making the over all length, 95.0 in. I walked around to the rear and saw that massive 240mm rear tire. Boy it looked sweet. The bike has chrome in all the right places. The ROCKER™C comes with the new, 2-in-1 convertible Trick™ seat.

Now this is were I'm going to get very critical. Harley has a real problem making their seats comfortable for all riders. This seat is very wide. Even with the advertised seat height at 25.3in. it is very hard to reach the ground flat footed, where a persons height is 5'8" and under. I have an inseam of 33" and I could not sit flat footed because the seat is too wide. It pushes out your thighs and makes you kind of bowlegged. The seat has another draw back, it has very little padding. I don't know if one will be able to ride for long periods of time with out getting, "dead butt". Another thing I don't like the looks of is the new Trick™ passenger seat. As far as being comfortable you will have to ask the ladies. I think the bike would be much better as a fixed solo rider instead of two up. The ROCKER™ with out the C has a fixed solo seat.

I think Harley needs to make these bikes so everyone can ride them comfortably. Big riders, heavy riders, tall and short riders. We need these bikes low enough so we can touch the ground under us flat footed not with our tip toes.

My over all impression of this new edition to the Softail family is awesome. The motor company had to come out with a ride like this to compete with the metrics. For more information and specs on this new model click here →Rocker™.


My favorite North West Illinois Harley store. Studded tires anyone?

The Tip of The Day:
Clunky shifting? When shifting to a higher gear, take up the slack in the clutch lever and with your toes preload the foot shift before shifting. When you feel the slack taken up in both controls, shift. The shift should be butter smooth.

Now you know, Biker Joe

No comments: