Snow, snow, snow.

Can't ride this New Years Holiday, so let me tell you how the Holiday turned out.

New Years eve and we had another snow storm. They say we broke the record for the number of inches of snow in December. I can give a rats ass how many inches of snow we got this December or any other December in history. I'm tired of shoveling this stuff already. The winter has just begun.

Around 11:00 pm Central, I watched the ball drop in New York and saw everyone doing their kiss face for the new year. After that I decided to go out and clear the snow off the drive and walk. I thought I could be done before we do the same New Years thing here and maybe with some luck I could sleep in and not have to shovel tomorrow.

I put on my snow removing gear and ventured outside. I'm thinking it's better to remove three inches now then remove six inches latter. I first cleared off my car. There was about four inches of snow on it. By the way my car is outside because my wives car and my Harley is in the garage. No room for mine. This is where the hate my Harley comes in.

Anyway it took about forty minutes to do the job. I got back in the house just in time to toast in the new year. A half hour, forty five minutes go by I think to myself lets look outside and see how good I cleaned the snow off. Would you believe it looked like I never shoveled an inch of that snow. And on top of it all the towns plow truck pushed about a foot of that stuff from the street onto my drive. You know those big ice chunks with about a ton of salt in them.

I go back and tell my wife the bad news, bad news for me anyway, that I will have to go out tomorrow and do it all over again.

So it's now January, 2 and I shoveled that drive and walk again, that's three times in three days.
Global warming? I haven't seen it.

I want the snow to melt so the streets will be clear and wash down the salt. I got the Harley heated jacket liner from the family for Christmas. I wan't to try it out and see if it really does keep me warm. I hate dressing up in layers looking like the Michelin Man when I want to take the scoot out for a ride.

How did your New Years turn out? Chime in.

Biker Joe

No comments: